Enstone History Society
Enstone History Society runs a series of events throughout the year. Currently, the membership stands at around 65 but new members are always welcome. The annual subscription is £15.00 per person. The treasurer would be grateful if members could pay by Bacs or give money or a cheque to a member of the committee as soon as possible. For those paying by Bacs, details of our bank account are: account Enstone History Society, sort code 20-03-84; account number 23443361
Please contact either John Pritchard or Julia Boardman if you would like to join. There are six committee members who run the society.
- John Pritchard – 01608 678175 – email: Chairman
- Anne Francis – 01608 678820 – email: Secretary
- Julia Boardman – 01608 677627 – email: Treasurer
- Carol Geare – Newsletter Editor
- Brian Pennington
- Pam Foxhall
For the History Society Newsletter click here: Newsletter January 2023
Click here for a link to The Oxfordshire Local History Association (OHLA)
Meetings unless otherwise advised will be at St Kenelm’s church starting at 6.30 for 7pm. Members can bring guests for a payment of £6 which includes a drink and sandwiches.
Programme for 2024:
- 3th January: Christmas party at The Manor House, Church Enstone.
- 12th March: Thomas Willement 1786 – 1871: Stained Glass Artist to George 1V and Special Advisor on Stained Glass to Queen Victoria.: Priscilla Frost.
- 4th April: A Study in Stone. The Geology of Oxford University: Nina Morgan.
- 15th May: Rembrandt’s Eyes: Anthony Benn
- 18th June: Not Just Napoleon and Jane Austen: Lesser Known Weird and Wonderful Memories from 1815: Melanie King.
- 17th July: Traditional picnic at St. Kenelm’s church.
- September: Details to be advised
- October: Details to be advised
- November: Details to be advised
We look forward to seeing you all at our various events in 2024.